Amped Koss ProDJ100 vs Unamped CAL
Oct 17, 2012 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

lennox-94

New Head-Fier
I can get the DJ100 with the Fiio E6 amp and the ath-m50 earpads for ~$20 more than a standard Creative Aurvana Live ($100). Mostly for listening to house music but sometimes gaming and movies. Almost all my songs are 256kps and a few are 320kbps, and i mainly listen to them from either my laptop or clip+. So i just wanted your take on the options as i do not consider myself a audiophile and have only purchased $10-15 headphones prior to this.

Oct 17, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 2
The Clip+ is actually perfect for the DJ100 and good enough to use without an amp. If needed you can upgrade to an external amp later on.
It's one of the rare portable players that sounds very, very good with the DJ100. You will need to use the volume at around 90-95% though and the battery can drain a lot faster.
You might even want to wait a few weeks before trying the M50 pads. Some people have no problems with the stock pads, but I do they're the upgrade is worth it just for the sound improvements.

CAL! IMO isn't worth $100. It was a steal for $65. Of course those that love it might disagree.

Just as a note, the CAL! will be on ear for some and others over ear. The pads are really small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back