amp'd cell phones as mp3 player?
Oct 15, 2006 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

worminater

100+ Head-Fier
hola.

I'm in need of a new cell phone; and looking at prepaid plans as I don't want to be locked into a contract. I'm currently on t-mobile; where the signal is spotty at best (10c/min 100 dollars at a time on it, take me 3-4 months to use 100 bucks on it)

My phone however is starting to crap out. Looking at the prepaid options out there; amp'd seems to be one of the best (10c/min, can get that price with low dollar amounts), and verizon network gets the best signal in my area by far. For phones; the best seemingly is the Amp'd Holywood, which is apparently an upgraded Motorola E815.

I would if possible like to use this cellphone in place of my Muvo n200 as my portable; as battery life is decent during mp3 playback, and it can read off microsd cards(with included card no less).

The question comes down to then; how does it sound? I have been looking for a larger capacity from my n200 off and on for a while now; and would like to limit how much is in my pocket, but I wouldn't want to go about that by taking a severe loss in audio quality. Thanks in advance for any insights into my dillemma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back