Amp3
Dec 21, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #1,861 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks shigzeo. Still i'm wondering how it compares with a good DAP and a LOD. I saw that the Teclast T51 has a chip dedicated to its line out, wouldn't it perform better?

Line out don't mean anyting. T51, IpoD, And HIFIMAN also have line out, their sound quality is not the same level. So, my expeirence is the really perfect sound quality is the overall sophisticate circuit design. So one chip can not deal with all audio things for you. what you desiring is the final music enjoyment than not the chip. I have not see anybody metioned T51 is better than AMP3 in term of sound quality.

Dec 21, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #1,862 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverfi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Line out don't mean anyting. T51, IpoD, And HIFIMAN also have line out, their sound quality is not the same level. So, my expeirence is the really perfect sound quality is the overall sophisticate circuit design. So one chip can not deal with all audio things for you. what you desiring is the final music enjoyment than not the chip. I have not see anybody metioned T51 is better than AMP3 in term of sound quality.

I have not found any review comparing line-out of T51, Ipod and Hifiman to AMP3. Links, please. If you personally experienced them all, please kindly give us your reviews.

Dec 21, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #1,864 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverfi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sure but i think the line out quality is most important if you use your DAP through an outboard amp. For instance my Vaio Pocket destroys my Clip when paired with my Stax amp, thanks to the line out.

Dec 21, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #1,865 of 2,090
I have heard the new flo which is based on the T51 and to tell you the truth, what it does technically, is flawed in a different way. Its line out might be good, but its headphone out isn't excellent. I don't know about its line out very much though as I was not using it.

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #1,866 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by prone2phone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it true, that stock buds are better than yuin pk1, I saw some early opinions, but what is general conclusion?

I cant speak for everyone...but in my experience though the stock buds are pretty good...they are no where near as good as the yuin PK1s.

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #1,867 of 2,090
I agree the PK 1s are more transparent, have better detail, and tighter bass, nevertheless the stock buds are pretty good and enjoyable to listen to.

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #1,868 of 2,090
I like using the stock buds when i am going skating or just as a nice pair of buds that i can use and not have to worry about breaking them...

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #1,870 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard the new flo which is based on the T51 and to tell you the truth, what it does technically, is flawed in a different way. Its line out might be good, but its headphone out isn't excellent. I don't know about its line out very much though as I was not using it.

Okay thanks for the feedback.

Dec 22, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #1,871 of 2,090
The stock buds are pretty good. They are not amazing, but since they have an in-line attenuator, the AMP 3's hiss can be attenuated to near 0 by setting volume to 30 and using the attenuator. Love this feature. By doing this, the resistance goes way up too and the amp3 is able to drive them much better.

I disagree however that the two were made for eachother. If they were, the buds should be about 100ohm stock so that the amp3 could really show its metal. As it is, the buds put out much better resolution when powered again... externally.

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #1,872 of 2,090
I think I may have found a great earphone for the AMP3, but I don't have my AMP3 with me. It has beautiful echo even on the rather sterile iPod touch, so I am expectant of great things with the AMP3. The problem of course will be hiss and definition, but as it is a dynamic driver, it might work well with an impedance adapter (or 3). Alternately, I can plug in an external amp.

I have very high hopes that this will mate perfectly with the AMP3. it isn't cheap, but it simply rocks. Final Audio DC1601SS

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #1,873 of 2,090
i cant read the website but those headphones sure do look pretty. Well if you end up getting them let me know how they are as i am really starting to enjoy IEMS.

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #1,874 of 2,090
These are IEMs in the loosest of senses. They go into the canal, but in no way fill it up, so air rushes in and out with the music. Nearly no sound is blocked in this case. I am enjoying them very much. But, with their cheapest at about 500$ or more, they are not an easy buy. Also, I have not heard the 500$ version, so I can only comment on the 2000$ and 800$ versions. I prefer the sound of the one in the link above which costs 800$ simply because it is a better match with a lot of music. Vocals, however, are stunning in an otherworldly way with the top model.

These are not portable either - if you move, the earphone may fall. I am used to it now and can hold them in pretty well, but they remain a bit difficult to use. At the same time, if I treat them as tiny versions of headphones, then I pretty much have my DT880 with me but at 16 ohms. They actually sound closer to the 250 version of the DT880 (2003) than the 600 ohm 2005 version which is my favourite. Placement is special, echo is perfect, and separation is sometimes unnervingly good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back