Amp3
Sep 15, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #1,186 of 2,090
I guess turning off random play does kinda work, but it's way too fiddly for every day use, and having to remember to turn it off/on every time. Usually my AMP3 goes off due to the 3 hour timeout anyway.

Should be trivial for the mfr to add code like: (turning off->turn off random mode->turn off) and (turning on->turn on->select random mode). But guess we'll see when the update shows up....

Btw, I'm using the scheme Genre\Artist\Album\Artist - Name.mp3

Is there a better scheme to use based on people's experiences?

Sep 15, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #1,187 of 2,090
Actually, the update firmware for the pro1 is out (2 weeks ago now) but I think neither Craig nor anyone from Hisoundaudio gave an "official" place to download it yet.
Just pm me and I will give it to you =)

Sep 15, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #1,189 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by neof /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, the update firmware for the pro1 is out (2 weeks ago now) but I think neither Craig nor anyone from Hisoundaudio gave an "official" place to download it yet.
Just pm me and I will give it to you =)

Wow, I followed your advice and just copied the two files, firmware.sb and updater.sb, and the hiss is pretty much gone with the S4s. Call me crazy, but even with the $79 Klipsch S4s, the SQ also seems to be improved. Could be the placebo effect, but I don't think so.

I do notice some of the original stuttering when moving the volume up and down quickly, but that eventually disappeared so I expect it will again. I am going to go down and grab the UM3X and try the ultimate test, because those hissed the most.

Will update.

Okay, so the hiss is still there with the Westones, but seems to be lessened. When quiet tracks/passages, it's still there. With other tracks, not a problem. Maybe installing the new firmware the proper way will eliminate it. I could not get the updater program to work with this firmware version. But I think it sounds better overall, improved air, detail, soundstage. Bass is clean, potent. And not a drop of harsh, cold or analytical sound. I can't imagine the Studio I is going to sound even better. But bring it on.

Most of all, I was not that impressed with the Amp3 and the UM3X before this firmware, but now, everything seems to be more alive.

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #1,190 of 2,090
I just installed the firmware update, a big thank-you to neof for the link.

I now have FW V5.30 installed, on boot up it now doesn't default to the 3Hours sleep timer.

There's also now an option to choose whatever region of the world you receive your FM transmissions.

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #1,191 of 2,090
I can hear a definite change in the sound with various headphones.

The sound is less raspy and much more smoother, but I also think some of the dynamics have gone.

Call me mad, call it placebo there's a change in sound for sure.

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #1,192 of 2,090
Yes, a change. In my case, seems for the best, especially with the Westones and the S4s. The Grados always sounded excellent, and still do. I can't say some dynamics are gone, it just sounds more refined or something. Can't put my finger on it. But I am very happy with the changes. I am going to load some flac files on it, and my 16GB card as well. If those two things work, I will be very happy.

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #1,193 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can hear a definite change in the sound with various headphones.

The sound is less raspy and much more smoother, but I also think some of the dynamics have gone.

Call me mad, call it placebo there's a change in sound for sure.

Just installed the update as well and I agree, it does immidiately sound like a change in sound and with less hiss maybe on the behalf of the dynamics..

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #1,199 of 2,090
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jupiterknight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it doesn't sound as clean and dynamic as before and it def. can't play as loud as before, anyone knows how reverse this update?, I should of course have made a backup of the original..

i dont think you could have made backup. so dont kick yourself for that.

the final release should have us forgetting the first release anyway and address these interims

Users who are viewing this thread

Back