Amp3 vs Cowon D2+ vs Sansa Clip
Nov 23, 2009 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

xPro_MetheuSx

100+ Head-Fier
I'm using cowon d2+ and sansa clip and I'm verry happy with them. But I have seen Amp3 and now I wanna hear It's sound. If you compare Amp3 with clip and D2+ for sound quality I'll be very grateful.Thank you very much.

Nov 23, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 17
The AMP3 has better soundstage, imaging, and sounds warmer than the D2+. No noticeable bass roll off with the AMP3 and clip. The clip sounds great without using an EQ. Warm with good soundstage. I don't like its EQ. The AMP3 has no EQ but has a built in amp. Rockbox will help the D2+ with its shortcomings. Better bass response and sounds warmer. In terms of SQ, I like the AMP3 the best.

Nov 23, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The AMP3 has better soundstage, imaging, and sounds warmer than the D2+. No noticeable bass roll off with the AMP3 and clip. The clip sounds great without using an EQ. Warm with good soundstage. I don't like its EQ. The AMP3 has no EQ but has a built in amp. Rockbox will help the D2+ with its shortcomings. Better bass response and sounds warmer. In terms of SQ, I like the AMP3 the best.

Thank you my friend. Can we say that Amp3 has best sound quality after HIFIMAN?

Nov 24, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 17
I have Clip and Teclast T51 paired with she9850 and all i can say is t51 is way better in almost every aspect of SQ
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 24, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #5 of 17
I have both T 51 and AMP3 pro2. With the HP out, the AMP3 is much better than T51, of course, if you have a good amp, you can select t51, for the price of T51 IS cheaper. By the way, you can get a hifi stock phones and portable amp function with AMP3. Some body report AMP3 has hiss, somebody report no hiss. To my ear, it has no hiss, So, before your decision. you sould think about wich phone do you mainly pair with and are you very very sensitive to the slight hiss?

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by xPro_MetheuSx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we say that Amp3 has best sound quality after HIFIMAN?

Maybe. I also have the Sony X and it is around the same level as the AMP3 in terms of SQ.

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #9 of 17
Doubtful it's a huge step. I had the Sony X and now have the Cowon S9, and both are comparable SQ-wise with the Amp3. That is, unamped via HP out. The X and S9 are more direct competitors, though. The Amp3 is sort a niche DAP/amp in my view, but very glad to have both Pro1 and Pro2.

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #10 of 17
The AMP3 is very good if you don't have one that hisses. But for the record, it suffers the same or worse bass roll off as the D2, even with stock ear phones. However, its channel separation is bette than the D2 and it has smoother transients than it or the clip. Mine hisses madly and for that reason, I'd rather use a D2 for most of my earphones, but for any of my headphones, I would hands down take the AMP3 which is a better hifi listen if not as technically superior.

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #11 of 17
I have issues with using the AMP3 as a dap. Navigation, using the buttons, and getting music files from the micro SDHC to be recognized by the AMP3 have been issues for me. I give it a big thumbs down for usability. Lately, I have only been using it as an external amp only.

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #13 of 17
It is a pain, I just loaded my Pro1 with 192 MP3s/WMAs and use it as a shuffle. The Pro2 behaves better, but in truth, I don't mess much with the UI on either. Just hit play "all songs" and listen. That's what I meant by it being a niche player for me.

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by xPro_MetheuSx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amp3 Pro2 have better sound quality than d2+ and clip O.K. Is it better than sony x series and S9?

Better? Let's just say you would not choose one over the other for everyday listening. At least I would not. I have both the Amp3 and S9 (and Zune80 and Clip) for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back