Amp with TRRS connection, Volume on the cord compatibility?
Mar 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kramer5150

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone make a portable amp with TRRS (tip ring ring sleeve) connections?  Right/Left/Ground + pass thru for the volume and track select signal, for cans with controls on the cord?

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #2 of 9
[size=10pt]That is a great question! Along with this are do[/size]se anyone know if you can get “Audiophile” grade jumpers with TRRS ends on the cable to work with the amp? Or if you have a LOD on one end and a TRRS on the other will that work to control the iPod?

[size=10pt]Thanks for the question, and thanks for your help![/size]
dt880smile.png

Mar 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 9
Well, I've tried with my iPhone 4 to do an LOD for audio and controls through the headphone jack, but audio goes to the headphone jack rather than LOD. This may be avoidable with some app, probably requiring jailbreaking. FiiO makes an amp that incorporates controls-the E02i. I don't know of any amps that allow controls through-and you would also loose the ability to have an LOD, you'd have to go straight the the headphone jack instead.

Mar 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 9
Since the JDSLabs C5 uses "basically" an Arduino for its control, and the code is Open Source and available for DL you might be able to easily mod one of them for your needs. Change the onboard jack for a TRRS jack, run the 4th line to a I/O pin on the Atmega. Then just a little code addition and your good to go.
beerchug.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 9
I'm surprised no one has this feature??  Is there something technical that makes it an impossibility?

Wouldn't it just be a point to point trace, or even wire P-P from the input second "ring" to the output second ring of the headphone plug? 

Mar 11, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #6 of 9
That should work as well, change both jacks to 4 pin you're good to go, even easier!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 11, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #7 of 9
Now that I think about it, this could all be done from the outside with a modified in/out adapter cable, no change to the amp at all. Kramer5150 you sir are a genius!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back