amp with RCA and USB inputs?
Aug 23, 2023 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mgh24

100+ Head-Fier
I have an RME ADI-2 that I like very much. It has 3 inputs, USB, optical, and COAX.

I want to connect an SACD player to the amp, but now understand that SACD will not play at full resolution via optical inputs. A hybrid SACD/CD will play, but it is only able to output the CD layer when using optical inputs.

If I had an amp that had usb and RCA inputs, I could run USB from my PC, and RCA from my SACD player, but I can't find an amp that has both inputs. Plenty have RCA and balanced, or USB and optical.

I was surprised to find this to be so hard to find. Are they out there and I am just not finding them?

It isn't a huge deal, I was lead to SACD because there are some discs that claim to be from "original master recording", but all of them are SACD. No idea if I could tell the difference, but I thought it would be fun to find out.

Thanks

Aug 23, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 6
Several amps from Schiit have the option of a USB DAC card, with which they will have USB and RCA inputs.

Aug 23, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #5 of 6
Several amps from Schiit have the option of a USB DAC card, with which they will have USB and RCA inputs.
I looked through the Schiit website, could not see anything that had both. Maybe I missed something? Do you have a model you have seen that has both? Thanks

Aug 23, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back