Amp. What's the point???
Jan 16, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #91 of 98
  What's wrong with the Fulla, out of curiosity? I haven't seen enough measurements to make a judgment about whether the Fulla should be audibly transparent, but the specs certainly indicate it should be.

Nothing is wrong with the Fulla 2.

The Mjolnir 2 uses tubes in a hybrid topology, which makes it sound a bit different than a pure solid state device.

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #92 of 98
Quality-wise, my Mjolnir 2 is better, which shouldn't be surprising given the price difference.

"Quality-wise" ? 
which shouldn't be surprising "given the price difference" ??

It looks better and feel better build, is what you mean right ?

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #93 of 98

"Quality-wise" ? 
which shouldn't be surprising "given the price difference" ??

It looks better and feel better build, is what you mean right ?

More solid build feel.

More power in reserve if you have harder to drive cans.

Can add tube flavoring if you like.

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #94 of 98

Nothing is wrong with the Fulla 2.

The Mjolnir 2 uses tubes in a hybrid topology, which makes it sound a bit different than a pure solid state device.

See, to me, that implies that the Mjolnir is worse, since sounding different than a pure solid state device (assuming the solid state device is well-engineered) tells me that the Mjolnir is adding distortion. When you said the Mjolnir was better, I assumed that meant there was something audibly wrong with the Fulla, not the Mjolnir.

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #95 of 98
See, to me, that implies that the Mjolnir is worse, since sounding different than a pure solid state device (assuming the solid state device is well-engineered) tells me that the Mjolnir is adding distortion. When you said the Mjolnir was better, I assumed that meant there was something audibly wrong with the Fulla, not the Mjolnir.

Everyone has different standards of what is good and bad, no? ^_^

That's the whole thing behind headphones as they all twist and mutilate sound differently, and is this the very reason this site exists: si people can recommend to you how they like to twist their sound. o(^_^)b

If objectively neutral amps were the only thing people ever cared about, people will be buying cheap 30 dollar amps from China that are fire hazards for their headphones or are amplify unusable due to terrible terrible designs (not saying that expensive amps don't have the same exact issues). :D

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #96 of 98

Well if you don't want the tube distortions, stick in the LISST.  Then it sounds solid state.

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #97 of 98
I'd prefer my amp to not sound like anything. I want it to make the signal louder and do nothing else. Luckily, there are some good options that do that.

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #98 of 98
  I'd prefer my amp to not sound like anything. I want it to make the signal louder and do nothing else. Luckily, there are some good options that do that.

"Sounds like solid state" in this case means "doesn't sound like tubes".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back