Amp to replace Go-Vibe V5 for $220 - is it possible?
Jul 16, 2007 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Chopha

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Now that I've finally got my self an iPod Video I feel that a new amp would be nice, and of course I now need some help on which one to go for. First; I wonder how much I would actually have to pay to get better sound then my Go-Vibe V5 (AD8620/8610) and second; which one would you get if you where in my seat?

I’m looking for an amp as thin as possible and I can afford about $220 + shipping – is that possible?

/Chopha

Jul 16, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 6
Not exactly thin, but an amazing amp is the Meier MOVE for $235 shipped.

Jul 16, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #3 of 6
Its not super thin but maybe the Corda Move its about 235 without shipping but it has a built in DAC so you can also plug it into a pc for better sound... it is claimed to get around 100 on low impudence/power mode and you can plug it into a 6-12 volt supply on your desk... or the 5 volt usb plug

Skylab has it at the top of his list the only thing that beats it is the LaRocco Audio PRII (Edit: Upon further review he has them both in first place I think I read somewhere he thought the PRII was "Marginally" better) otherwise the Move is at the top of his list so he claims it sounds better than than some of the big names like Xin and Ray Samuels

Edit: I started typing before but finished later so I could get more in :p

Jul 16, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #5 of 6
I've had the Supermini III and the Hornet (original and M version). I like the MOVE the best!

Jul 16, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSurge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, you can get a Go-Vibe V6 for $60!

Hehe, x2. It sounds like you're just looking for something to buy. I know the feeling, it happens to me often enough; think about whether you really want to drop this much cash on a better amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back