Amp to pairing with e30: a50 vs sp200 vs L30
Jun 16, 2020 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Lamby90

Head-Fier
Hello everybody, I'm gonna buy a topping E30 dac for my desktop setup very soon.
I owned a Schiit Magni 3+ as an amp for about 2 weeks, but one day it decided to die irremediably. It just didn't work anymore, 0 audio output, as soon as i turned it on it become insanely hot and then smoke come out of it. So I ship it back at my expense and now I just get the refund of it.
I'm searching now a new amp, I don't trust Schiit no more and I decided to go for an amp that can be found on Amazon, for the easiest way to deal for warranty and problem in general (hoping that there isn't).
Now, on Amazon (it) there's the seller Shenzen Audiostore that sells a lot of topping and smsl items. I was thinking to buy something from it through Amazon.
I was considering a Topping A50 (169,99€) to pair with the e30 or wait a little and pull the trigger with the more expensive SMSL sp200 THX (295,99€ if it is worth it pay this extra money instead of the A50) or wait the release of the Topping L30 (around the same price of the A50 I think) in the next couple of months and make the right stack E30/L30.
I read about the SMSL sp200 THX that is incredibly clear and neutral and maybe even cut off some bass, I'm not a die hard basshead but I like a warm signature, so maybe the sp200 is not for me I guess? The topping A50 is warmer, with good bass? Or just wait the L30 and read some review of it and then decide?
My headphones are a Beyerdynamic dt 990 pro 250 ohm but in the future (1/2 years) I was thinking to upgrade to a Sennheiser hd 58x jubilee or a Hifiman HE4xx from Drop, and some chifi Iems like trn v90, blon bl 03 and kz zsn pro.
Thanks in advance

Oct 23, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #3 of 6
I went with the Topping A50.
Pretty happy with it, it pairs with my dt990 pro very well, and the blon 03 iem as well.
The L30 was not yet released at the time and I needed an amp asap so i decided for the A50 (which was the middle amp between the cheapest L30 and the more expensive sp200).

Oct 24, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying your purchase. I'm considering getting the L30. I hope it's the bees knees everyone says it is.

Oct 24, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #5 of 6
If at the time I needed it the L30 was out I most probably would have bought the L30.
If you don't need a balanced output I think the L30 is an excellent choice.
If you need a 2.5 mm balanced output I suggest the A50 instead.
Hope it helped, cheers

Oct 24, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks! I don't need a balanced topology, so it seems the l30 is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back