Amp that has a remote and can power Argon Mk3?
Apr 23, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #17 of 19
1. The cheapest that comes to mind is the Topping DX3 pro for a bit over 200$. It also has a headphone amp that will probably make the Atom superfluous. :)
2. Buying noname / cheap is a false economy, when resale is taken into account you end up spending more money in the end. There are cheaper options but nothing I'd want to keep in the long run. The Saga has a stepped attenuator, a passive mode, 5 inputs and two outputs. And the tube buffer. Buy used if you want to keep it under 300$.

Nice recommendation, that Topping DX3 Pro looks perfect! Its specs say 1 watt x 2 @32ohms, I assume this means 1 watt per channel?

I assume I can connect it to my ps4 via usb or optical and connect it to my laptop via usb or rca>3.5mm, correct? Thanks!

Apr 23, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #18 of 19
Yes, it's 1W per channel on the DX3 pro. It's pretty powerful for a cheap all-in-one.

You can connect almost anything to it (even your phone/tablet with bluetooth aptx hd) and switch between them with the remote (sadly no USB HID transport controls or direct access keys for each input on the remote, just input cycling). But you can switch between headphones and pre-out and change the gain with it.

The only weak point is the usual direct-from-China cheap gizmo caveats (reliability/attention to detail/support/warranty). I would buy from a local reseller if there's one in your country.

If you want to avoid the cheap remote, get USB HID transport controls, direct input access and better build quality overall, you can probably get an used Arcam irDAC II for 300$. But the headphone amp is half the power into 32 ohms.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #19 of 19
Yes, it's 1W per channel on the DX3 pro. It's pretty powerful for a cheap all-in-one.

You can connect almost anything to it (even your phone/tablet with bluetooth aptx hd) and switch between them with the remote (sadly no USB HID transport controls or direct access keys for each input on the remote, just input cycling). But you can switch between headphones and pre-out and change the gain with it. And it also has bluetooth aptx hd low latency so you can connect your phone/tablet to it.

The only weak point is the usual direct-from-China cheap gizmo caveats (reliability/attention to detail/support/warranty). I would buy from a local reseller if there's one in your country.

If you want to avoid the cheap remote, get USB HID transport controls, direct input access and better build quality overall, you can probably get an used Arcam irDAC II for 300$. But the headphone amp is half the power into 32 ohms.

I found them on Amazon, this is the right product correct?
https://www.amazon.com/Dilvpoetry-T...9YQN1KC4CQQK&refRID=CA9W6Z169YQN1KC4CQQK&th=1

Do you think this is a better option than one of those receivers I linked to in a previous post? The receivers seem to be cheaper and output much more power while having a remote as well but I’m just not sure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back