Amp that beefs up not only sound level but also bass, treble and midrange?
Jul 21, 2008 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sabatar

100+ Head-Fier
Sorta one that has controls for low, mid and high frequencies. Is there anything as such? Portability and ability to reproduce sound with room for adjustment of sound are a must. Cost is no issue.
I need to use it with many IEM's, DAP's and portable headphones.

What's the best portable amp ever? If UE custom pro 11 are the pinnacle IEM's then what's the equivalent in portable amps?

Jul 22, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #2 of 4
If I remembered correctly, the C&C Box+ has controls for low, mid and high frequencies. More like a boost for those frequencies.

The Go-Vibe Magnum has a switch to adjust the gain (low, med and high) plus a variable bass "wheel".

I currently own a Graham Slee Voyager and with the "contour" switch on, the bass is just excellent. The mids are also brought out more. That's just my opinion. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Jul 22, 2008 at 6:42 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by sabatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorta one that has controls for low, mid and high frequencies. Is there anything as such? Portability and ability to reproduce sound with room for adjustment of sound are a must. Cost is no issue.
I need to use it with many IEM's, DAP's and portable headphones.

What's the best portable amp ever? If UE custom pro 11 are the pinnacle IEM's then what's the equivalent in portable amps?

If your not interested in DIY then I would take a look at Headamp or Ray Samuels. Ray makes one specifically for IEM's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back