Amp Suggestions
Feb 3, 2012 at 10:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

GetsugaSSJ

Head-Fier
Hello (again), I was planning on getting the Schiit Asgard for my XDA-1/Grado SR325is combo, but I've been seeing lots of reviews for the Matrix M-Stage, Little Dot MKII/III and O2 amp. Out of these, which would you recommend? I'll be using the DAC through USB (till I can get the V-Link adapter) and mainly listen to metal using FLAC, CDs and 320k mp3 files. I'd like the amp to compliment instrument separation and clarity (if it's able) and drive the headphones well. I'm currently leaning towards the O2 but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 8

Quote:
Hello (again), I was planning on getting the Schiit Asgard for my XDA-1/Grado SR325is combo, but I've been seeing lots of reviews for the Matrix M-Stage, Little Dot MKII/III and O2 amp. Out of these, which would you recommend? I'll be using the DAC through USB (till I can get the V-Link adapter) and mainly listen to metal using FLAC, CDs and 320k mp3 files. I'd like the amp to compliment instrument separation and clarity (if it's able) and drive the headphones well. I'm currently leaning towards the O2 but any input would be greatly appreciated.

I really want to know too. So many times, I have to refrain myself from hitting the add-to-cart button from Amazon since there are quite a few people claim that the M-Stage sound is a bit dark which is not my cup of tea.

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
I really want to know too. So many times, I have to refrain myself from hitting the add-to-cart button from Amazon since there are quite a few people claim that the M-Stage sound is a bit dark which is not my cup of tea.

See, I have absolutely zero patience. Saw the Schiit Asgard on Amazon for 240 no tax and free shipping and ordered it immediately, lmao. I GAVE IN TO THE CART!!

Feb 4, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #4 of 8
Sounds like you'd be doing a lot of listening (hopefully more than buying more gear impulsively. lol) soon!

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Sounds like you'd be doing a lot of listening (hopefully more than buying more gear impulsively. lol) soon!

There is always a remedy for impulsive add-to-cart syndrome, that's Maccaroni & cheese or Ramen noodles for lunch.
L3000.gif

Feb 5, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
There is always a remedy for impulsive add-to-cart syndrome, that's Maccaroni & cheese or Ramen noodles for lunch.
L3000.gif

+1

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
L3000.gif

When it comes to ramen, only Hakata's ramen will do for me. While listening to my favourite music of course. 
darthsmile.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #8 of 8
Hi, I had the chance to hear a Schiit Asgard in January with a variety of headphones ranging from the Sennheiser HD555 to the Audeze LCD-3.   

I don't know how it compares to all of the other amps listed in this thread, specifically, but it definitely sounds great. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back