Amp suggestions for Atrio M5?
Aug 9, 2008 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AmanGeorge

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all-

I've owned a pair of Future Sonics Atrio M5 IEMs for a little over a year now, and have been really pleased with them. I'd like to buy an amp that will complement these well, and was hoping folks might have experiences or suggestions. Right now I'm looking pretty hard at a HeadSix thanks to its combination of happy customers and value for money. Does anyone have thoughts on how well this or other amps mesh with these earphones?

Thanks for any help!

Aug 9, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #2 of 3
Hello
smily_headphones1.gif

I own an xxs (same as the headsix) and i use it with the atrio m8

There is a definite boost of detail and criper highs with the amp. Get one.

My player is 5mwx5mw so I have to amplify from the volume level half way up when my player is at its optimum.. at this volume and with the xxs all the way up...the sound isnt loud enough...Now im no headbanger...but id like it just a tad bit higher...can imagne how it would be with a lineout...So i think if ur using lineout u may need a louder amp..

It would be ok if ur using headphone out with a player with a powerful internal amp.

I think RSA is a good bet as his amps go pretty loud. Tomahawk maybe...dont really need to worry about the bass on the amp as ur dealing with Atrio..

Aug 9, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 3
I am using Headsix with the Atrios, and like them a lot. The bass is more controlled, the highs are crisper and clearer. To me it adds presence and transparency to the music, with a kind of "layered" soundstage.
I also own an IM716, the Atrio hisses less with the Headsix (no noticeable hiss even if turned right up) despite the former is less sensitive and has more impedance.
I'm using my Headsix with a Clip and there's plenty of volume there (to a deafening level), with the Clip's volume around 70-80 %.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back