Amp Suggestion for Sennheiser HD 650.
Jul 9, 2013 at 10:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

akshayshah12

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am planning on buying Sennheiser HD 650. I tested them with 2 Amps my Fiio E11 and HiFiman EF2A. Problem is I loved E11's sound and the way it impacts HD 518 but it's not enough to drive HD650. HiFiman EF2A was powerful but i did not like the sound coming out of it to HD 650. At this point, I'd like to clarify that I have gone through many threads on this site and on internet, for the same subject but did not find satisfactory answers.

Now my question is which Amp should i choose for HD 650 around 200 USD? I have few considerations
1. Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1
2. JDS Labs O2
3. Schiit Modi+Magni combo
4. Bravo Audio Ocean

I have read people claiming that Tube amps sound better than solid state amps with HD 650. Also read the love of some people with Bottlehead Crack. Now they already cost significantly above 200USD and I am petrified by the idea of DIY neither do I have friends who can do it for me. So that's out of question. Can anybody suggest which one of the above will be good pair for HD650?
I am not a plain technical guy, i like musicality, if an amp is accurate but produces lifeless music I'd rather not use it, but on the other hand If an amp produces lively music and little shy of being technically perfect I' pick that amp. I have no chance to test any of the amps mentioned above myself, before i actually purchase them. Please suggest.

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #2 of 2
Might try try asking any HD 650 questions here,
the thread has 863 pages of HD650 questions and answers.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/197776/sennheiser-hd650-appreciation-thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back