Amp suggestion for Hifiman Sundara.
Mar 27, 2023 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jetsjam

New Head-Fier
I need some suggestions on what amp in the $300 range would push Sundara’s. I’m still new to the hobby and currently using a sound blaster G6 which also functions as a DAC. I’ve been reading that even though Sundara’s have relatively low impedance, planar magnetic cans require more current to really drive them, and I don’t think the G6 is doing it. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Mar 27, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 4
If you like a somewhat analytical sound, a used THX789 should be about $125 US.

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:18 AM Post #3 of 4
I need some suggestions on what amp in the $300 range would push Sundara’s. I’m still new to the hobby and currently using a sound blaster G6 which also functions as a DAC. I’ve been reading that even though Sundara’s have relatively low impedance, planar magnetic cans require more current to really drive them, and I don’t think the G6 is doing it. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
An easy recommendation would be Topping G5 at 300 usd. It has 1.2 W at 32ohm and 1 W at 16ohm. It drives my Aeon Open without any problem. It also has Bluetooth connection.

Mar 29, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #4 of 4
Can't go wrong with the JDS Atom Amp+/DAC+ stack, or the Topping l30 II E30 II stack. Even the Topping d10b and Sabaj A20h will really power almost anything with Youkamoo balanced cables and be under budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back