Amp suggestion for Grado 325i
Oct 13, 2006 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

calcajun

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for suggestions on amp for Grado 325i.
I guess this would be a portable amp.
Mostly listen to rock, indie and top 40 from MP3 at 320.
Also listen to satelite radio.

Amp would be connected to Zen xtra and archos 604

Thanks

Oct 14, 2006 at 12:32 PM Post #2 of 5
but, i used my 325i's with my grado ra-1 (dc) and enjoyed it quite a bit. also i have heard good thing about the Ray Samuels Emmeline Hornet. personally i use my 325i's with a eddie current EC-SS. this isnt a portable rig, with that being said, i REALLY dig the ec-ss/325i combo.

Oct 14, 2006 at 12:48 PM Post #3 of 5
Dr. Xin's SuperMacro-IV, IMO, works well with the Grado 325i phones. If you don't need all the numerous features of the SM-IV, Xin also offers the SuperMini-IV and SuperMicro-IV. You can go to Dr. Xin's site / forums for more information, and use the search function here as well.

Best of luck with your quest.

Oct 15, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #5 of 5
I purchased the AE-1.

I know a lot of this is subjective to the listener, but did lots of reading and went with AE-1

Of course i will break in the phones and since i realy don't know anyone with these kinds of setup, not hearing any other setups, I will certainly get acustomed to the sound of my choice. If anything is too far off for my taste i will likely EQ a bit to correct.

If too far off i might consider selling and re purchase but don't think i really want to go through that. I will work with these and keep up with reading here and see what happens. SHRUG

Everything will be arriving this coming week.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back