Amp stand
Nov 10, 2001 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
While I'm waiting for MG Head to come in from Headroom. I guess I have time to build an amp stand. It would be used as a endtable/nightstand thing. I'm thinking of a shelf below to house the CD player. Possibly a draw for most played CD's. Oak with maybe MDF/laminate top. Any suggestions?

Bob
tongue.gif

Nov 10, 2001 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 5
Yah, post pictures when it's done! (I know, not the kind of suggestion you were looking for
biggrin.gif
)

Nov 10, 2001 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm like Les Nesman From WKRP. My audio room will be in me head. Maybe I should put some tape around my chair. I do make my wife "knock" when I ha ve the HD600's on. Sad.

Bob
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2001 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 5
Why build ? Why not just purchase a wood night stand and finish it to match your home ?
If you were discussing a speaker based system i would have recomended a Flexi Rack.The open construction gives the acoustic energy no place to live.But with a strictly headphone based system that is not a problem .In fact I have a set up as you are thinking of.Since my furniture is a combination of Shaker and colonial I purchased an Shaker nightstand kit in unfinished pine,painted the base hunter green then stained the top and knob cherry.In the drawer i added partitions for Cds and headphone storage.On top is the headphone amp and lamp,bottom shelf is a CD player on a stand.A nice compact system next to my listening chair

Users who are viewing this thread

Back