Amp Required for Shure SE425?
Apr 6, 2014 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cuiter23

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if buying an amp is actually cost-effective for the Shure SE425 or is running through the iPod/iPhone good enough for it? Considering it is only a dual-driver and low impedance will an amp yield great improvements in detail, separation, etc? If you guys recommend an amp, which one would you recommend with these IEMs?

I am still new to all these kind of stuff so I apologize in advance if this is common sense I searched around and couldn't find a solid answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

May 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if buying an amp is actually cost-effective for the Shure SE425 or is running through the iPod/iPhone good enough for it? Considering it is only a dual-driver and low impedance will an amp yield great improvements in detail, separation, etc? If you guys recommend an amp, which one would you recommend with these IEMs?

I am still new to all these kind of stuff so I apologize in advance if this is common sense I searched around and couldn't find a solid answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What is your source right now? I think they are good already out of a phone line out but you can always try the FiiO E12, really good amp lots of functions. I sometimes use it with my shure se315

May 5, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 5
What is your source right now? I think they are good already out of a phone line out but you can always try the FiiO E12, really good amp lots of functions. I sometimes use it with my shure se315

Hi,

Thanks for the response! I went ahead with the E07K. For sure my iPod classic has enough juice to drive it properly. I am mainly using the E07K for the XBA-4's

May 5, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #5 of 5
Glad you got it right
smily_headphones1.gif
happy listening

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back