Amp recommedation for PFE
Mar 28, 2009 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

charlie0904

500+ Head-Fier
hi guys! I jus gotten T4 a few weeks back. my hunger for is unstoppable after i heard the go-vibe magnum with my PFEs.

seems my T4 doesn't satisfied me. current rig is itouch 1g, PFE w/ black filters, possible future ATH-ES7.
atsmile.gif

looking for a more powerful budget amp, no need for DAC option.
I'm more focus on transparency, clarity, wider soundstage.

considering:
MiniBox E+
Corda XXS
maybe RSA tomahawk, hornet, P51-Mustang

Mar 28, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #2 of 8
iTouch g1 + PFE (black filter) + T4, what were missing? How about gray filter + silicone tips?

A good DAC/AMP do make differences, compared to line out of DAPs.
PFE + D10 = Do give more than what I want, even though there is no bass-boost. Anyway, that how listen to music, noEQ.
smily_headphones1.gif

If you really like go-vibe magnum, just proceed. Oooo... USD 349.... little expensive
smily_headphones1.gif
... From HeadphoneAddict's review, XM5 DAC/amp also have bass-boost. USD 270. iBasso D10 = USD 275 (no bass-boost)

IMHO, many great head-fiers do have DAC/AMP in their collections. And someday you might follow their steps
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #3 of 8
grey filters were too bright for me.
frown.gif

i tried the magnum with a silver cable, sound is amazing on vocals. never knew the cable could make such a difference. crystal cable next?

but for magnum price, i would hope to get a RSA.
minibox e+ seems good with my phonaks from fellow headfi-ers.

Mar 29, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #4 of 8
I think the Minibox E+ would match well with the Phonaks.

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #7 of 8
Do yourself a big favor and get the MBE+ for your PFEs. I also own the T4, and while it's good with the PFEs, the MBE+ simply is sublime. They had some battery issues with the earlier models of the Minibox, but I believe they are now fixed (I hope so, on my third one).

Mar 30, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do yourself a big favor and get the MBE+ for your PFEs. I also own the T4, and while it's good with the PFEs, the MBE+ simply is sublime. They had some battery issues with the earlier models of the Minibox, but I believe they are now fixed (I hope so, on my third one).

thanks for the recommendation. i heard dfkt said there is some faults in MBE+.

anyway i am very tempted to get RSA amp (P51-mustang or tomahawk) since they are so "famous". hoping to get one that would last for a while. hehe. the amps really look awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back