Amp reccomendations for HD-650 AND Grado RS-1?
Sep 28, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #31 of 34
i've been having great results with my 650's and earmax pro

Sep 29, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #32 of 34
Well agreenspan,

The shipment took less than 4 months I see. Good to know the death of SP is speculation and hyperbole.

Nice to find out how much better your hps can sound as you scale up the audio chain, isn't it?

Enjoy and give us a feedback after you've had some time with your new amp.

And wipe that grin off mister.
wink_face.gif
j/k

Sep 29, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by agreenspan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way, Mikhail was supposed to ship the amp using priority mail on Tuesday, but he's been really crazy busy, so it didn't go out until Wednesday night, which really counts as thursday. When he learned that I would not receive the amp until Monday where I live, he called his friends on the night shift at the postal center and upgraded the shipping to Express overnight at no extra charge. Thats good customer service! I know..... I've read the warning posts about Mikhail and Singlepower.... and he may be a little spacy and forgetful, but his work is really worth it. It really is a work of art, and being an artist myself (check out stephentheartist.com) I too sometimes get spaced out and don't manage the business side of things as well as I could.
Sometimes some things are worth the fuss.

That's really good to know how much out of his he went to fix the ship date error. Buying a demo/used Single Power from Mikhail usually seems to go out faster (because the build is already done) than special orders.

His big problem with delivering has been on new builds and repairs, where he under-estimates the time remaining. Maybe he thinks to himself that if it is 98% done he considers it "practically done for all intents and purposes" and tells buyers it's "done" - and then he gets sidetracked on that last 2% that he thought would be finished that day and then voila! it isn't finished on time. And then the wait goes on and on and on because he's doing 15 things at the same time instead of single file (aka one-thing-at-a-time in sequential order)...

Sep 29, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #34 of 34
I have thought about what would happen if I ever had to send the amp in for repair, since there is a warranty. I think that for some things, it might be better to send it to someone else (audioclassics for example) just for the piece of mind of not having to worry about waiting forever to get it back.
Anyway, without any moving parts, I'm hoping all will go well with the amp and I won't have to worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back