Amp question
Jun 16, 2014 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

yoyorast10

100+ Head-Fier
I don't know much about amps, and I'm pretty new to all this. I was thinking of buying the Beyerdynamic DT 770, but I've read a lot of posts on this forum saying that it needs an amp. I'm planning to use those headphones on my PC and nothing else. Amps can be used with PC's.. right? Would the Fiio E11 be a good choice? Fiio amps are my only choice here in Netherlands.

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #2 of 6
  I don't know much about amps, and I'm pretty new to all this. I was thinking of buying the Beyerdynamic DT 770, but I've read a lot of posts on this forum saying that it needs an amp. I'm planning to use those headphones on my PC and nothing else. Amps can be used with PC's.. right? Would the Fiio E11 be a good choice? Fiio amps are my only choice here in Netherlands.

The Fiio E11 can easily drive the 250-Ohm DT770s
Might consider ordering a spare battery or two (BL-5B), off eBay.
The non-genuine BL-5B batteries sold on eBay not might hold a charge for as long a period as they are rated for, but the prices are so low they are still worth it.

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 6

The Fiio E11 can easily drive the 250-Ohm DT770s
Might consider ordering a spare battery or two (BL-5B), off eBay.
The non-genuine BL-5B batteries sold on eBay not might hold a charge for as long a period as they are rated for, but the prices are so low they are still worth it.

Wouldn't it be better to buy the FiiO E09K then? Since I'm only using it for desktop.

Jun 16, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #5 of 6

Wouldn't it be better to buy the FiiO E09K then? Since I'm only using it for desktop.

Guess in some ways the E09K would be better, unless your planning on buying low impedance headphones, like under 40-Ohms, then the E11 really low output impedance is better.

If your willing to spend the cash for a desktop amplifier, check out the Epiphany Acoustics EPH-02 amp, sold in the UK (78 GBP).
It has a really low output impedamce less then 1-Ohm :) so can drive headphones from 12-Ohms to 600-Ohms.
http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/headphone-amplifiers/ehp-o2-portable-headphone-amplifier/

Jun 17, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 6

You should really be thinking about an amp/dac combo for use with a PC. I would suggest getting the E07 or E17 with the E09.  When either are docked with the E09 they work as an off board dac improving sound quality and of course they can also be used on their own for added portability. You just connect the E09 to the computer with a usb cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back