Amp question??
Apr 24, 2003 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

r0z00l

New Head-Fier
Im new to the forum and i dont have a huge budget to work with. But i think after doing alot of research ive decided to get the sennheiser HD280s I would wanna get the HD580s but kinda outa my reach money wise. Ive heard the 280s arent all that powerful so i was thinking would it be worth it to get the 280 and a small say 60 dollar amp?

Apr 24, 2003 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm not familiar with the Senn HD-280s, so I don't know what power they require. However, your question regarding a "$60 amp" begs the question......which amp are you talking about? If you are talking about a commercial product, like a Boosteroo, I'd say, "save your money." But if you could somehow manage to convince a DIY'er here to build a basic cmoy for around that price, I would say it would most likely improve your listening experience.........depending on your source, which you did not specify. Amplifying a poor source only doubles the pain.
You may also be able to find a DIY amp used in the For Sale Forum.
Hope this helps.
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2003 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 4
You're welcome.
smily_headphones1.gif

PS: Sorry, but I had to delete the exact same post in the Amp forum.........no double posting, please. Since you are asking if the HD-280s benefit from an amp, I think your question rightfully belongs here. Could be wrong though.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back