Amp plus DAC combo-TIME SENSITIVE
Jul 3, 2008 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

G-man

Formerly known as gautam
Hello, i am looking to purchase an amp, and DAC for around 200 ish pounds. preferable not more, but may stretch if something catches my eye. I have been looking around, and i really like the Meier Audio Corda Aria, and also the YULONG DAH1 MK DAC/ Headphone Amplifier. Now i am not really wanting an all in one solution, so separate would be fine as well, but i would like an all in one design. I am thinking of purchasing a pair or HD650s, so would like suggestions that are good with those.

Thanks for all your help.

Gautam.

EDIT: i forgot to add, that i will be running these straight of my desktop, and future laptop, so they need to be able to play nice with USB. i dont really need any extra inputs.

Jul 4, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 6
nuforce.

Jul 4, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 6
For your consideration,

A Zero DAC and LD MK III. That will eat up your 200 quid but will sound pretty darn good with HD650's. How do I know that ? I have the exact setup suggested. The added fun of tube rolling with the MK III and opamp rolling with the Zero. For a budget of 400 US this little system is hard to beat

Peete.

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #5 of 6
nuforce- hmm, doesn't utilise my dull budget, so i would rather spend more for a better one.
Zero DAC and LD MK III- definately looks interesting. how does this compare to Aria or the DAH1?
keces151 with LD mkV- a bit out my my range, but looks soo nice. i knew this would happen, evil head-fi with its expensive suggestions. i must resist...

Jul 4, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #6 of 6
I need an urgent comparison between:
Dared mp5 tube amp USB dac
Meier Audio Corda Aria
YULONG DAH1 MK DAC/ Headphone Amplifier

This is time sensitive, and i really need it within the next 2 hours purely because ebay ends then. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back