Amp impulse responses discussion and idea
Dec 12, 2015 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

kdb424

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to start a collection of impulse responses. I have just started to prepare recording of my gear, and was wondering if anyone else would be interested in this. If you know what am impulse response is, please skip to the next paragraph. If you are still reading this, an impulse response can be created to capture how something changes a sound, be it a room, amp, speaker, headphones, ect. This can be loaded in software to emulate that sound. So I can load it on my phone, and while on the go, listen to my amp sound without having to bring the amp with me.

I am going to start recording with what I have which is a bravo V3 and 4 tubes that I have. I'll upload and post them here once done, and as I grow my collection, I'll update it if there is intereset. I'm very interested in getting the community involved, and having others record and post the sounds of their gear, so others can try it out, and if they like, then find and obtain the gear. I know that impulse responses aren't perfect, and can't capture everything, but it would at least allow us all to sample things when we don't have physical access as it's hard to get on many of these things.

Please let me know your thoughts, and let me know if I shouldn't even bother here, or if you think it's a good idea, or just post some impulse responses! Thank you for your time.

EDIT: If you are interested, I'll post some software here that you can use, ranging from free to expensive. The free options are still very decent for this purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back