Amp hook up
Mar 2, 2005 at 1:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rendell

New Head-Fier
I know I'm new to this but....

Was wondering what is the best way to hook up my Cordia HA-1. My system only has AV receiver, dvd/cd player and vhs player. I was using the headphone jack in the reciever but I get less sound quality than if I contact it to the pre-amp connector on the back. Problem with pre-amp connection is, I have to put the reciever vol. almost to max. to get to listening vol. levels

Do I need an other piece of equipment or is there and other way to hook it up like making an adapter to speaker connector.

Mar 2, 2005 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 5
Unless modern receivers are different from the ones I'm using, you could use the Tape OUT from your receiver to your Corda......this should be a pretty standard fixed signal, probably about 2 volts, enough to drive the Corda. The volume control on the receiver will have no effect on this signal. Hope this helps.
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #3 of 5
I did try to use the tape output. It will play the cd's and radio. But will not play dvd's. I'm looking for a way the get everything to play though the Head Amp. - I'm sure there is away to do it. Do I need to by an other amp or something to add to my receiver?

Mar 3, 2005 at 5:37 AM Post #4 of 5
what's your receiver's model? maybe that'll be useful in helping you out....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back