amp HD600,meijer corda opera?
Jul 2, 2008 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Freaky29

New Head-Fier
Hello,guys/girls

Would this amp/dac be the best for my Senn'sHD600?
Any other suggestions would be fine
biggrin.gif

And I know,there are more topics about an amp for HD600,but I wamt tho know witch amp is suited best,and the price range off the opera will be fine,If it;s worth it!
biggrin.gif
/

Please help me,thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

I want to use it with my notebook,laptop and my meridian 506.24 cd-player(as transport)

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 10
For the HD600/650 in order of personal preference:
Earmax Pro (really brings the best out Hd600/650 IMO)
RSA Stealth (close second)
Graham Slee Solo
Lehmann Black Cube Linear

Welcome to HeadFi, sorry about your wallet!

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #3 of 10
NOT a Meier amp. Ray Samuels amps are the way to go with HD600, as they are tuned for the headphone (Stealth, Raptor, HR-2 - better if you can swing for Apache, but that is very expensive).

Jul 2, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #4 of 10
Thanxs alot,for these quick answers!
smily_headphones1.gif
,I'll defininetly put all these suggestions on my shortlist!.

I see tube amps are the way to go?I 've owned an musical fidelity v2,and it sounded muddy.so I hope to prevent this again.

Are all these amps a bit fast?

just an question,why,no meyer amp(just curious)

Jul 2, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NOT a Meier amp. Ray Samuels amps are the way to go with HD600, as they are tuned for the headphone (Stealth, Raptor, HR-2 - better if you can swing for Apache, but that is very expensive).

Why do Emmeline discussions so often seem to jump from tubes to the Apache? What about the XP-7? The HR-2? Are these not good amps?

Tim

Jul 3, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #6 of 10
in that price range audio valve RKV or berning micro zotl is a really good match with the senns. the rkv is rich and has monster authority where as zotl is more about clarity and airiness. cary sli-80 is also good (smooth and mellow with meaty lows/mids) but the price is a bit higher than i think it's worth but that's because it's an integrated speaker amp that also has a headphone output.

see if you can trade up to a 508.20, has this taut bass that i just couldn't forget. not my favorite cdp overall but the bass certainly was.

Jul 3, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #7 of 10
I use Sennheiser 600s and 650s with my Meier Prehead (as well as other amps such as a Singlepower MPX3) and the combination is excellent. The Sennheisers also sound very fine with my Ray Samuels SR-71, but the Meier/Sennheiser combination is very good indeed and I would not hesitate to recommend Meier amps to go with Sennheisers.

Jul 3, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #9 of 10
Why would a Meier amp not be a good pairing with Senns, MaloS? Just curious...

Jul 3, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #10 of 10
I'm only on hour 3 of listening to a new HD600's + Little Dot MK1 combo with stock DAC but am happy thus far. Check out the Little Dot MK1 thread in the portable amp forum, there is some specific feedback and reviewing done with this combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back