Amp from Hong Kong? Which one?
Jun 20, 2006 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

peterpan188

100+ Head-Fier
One of my friend is having a trip to Hong Kong, and he will be back in around a month. He might be able to get me an amp from China/HK. For now, most of my equipments are DIY, so I never really looked into an amp before. What are some good chinese amp? Price range is to be ~200-300USD.

P.S. May be a DAC that has USB input too, any suggestion?

Thanks,
Peter

Jun 20, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #3 of 7
Umm, Zhaolu looks pretty nice, but again, DAC will be the second option, since I just got myself a few boards for the Alien DAC. I am much more curious on how commerical amps compared to DIY ones.

How's the FEEL HP200. I saw the pics of it, and I was blown away right there already.

Jun 20, 2006 at 8:40 AM Post #4 of 7
actually there are not many headamps available in HK, to be honest

if your fd can have the change to go to mainland china, he would be able to find alot of chinese amp at decent price

Jun 20, 2006 at 1:36 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr_eak
actually there are not many headamps available in HK, to be honest

if your fd can have the change to go to mainland china, he would be able to find alot of chinese amp at decent price

That's what I was thinking to do. To be exact, which locations in mainland China should I ask him to go to get it?

Any comments on the FEEL HP200? I saw there is a SE version of it, what's the difference? How does it compare amps being sold in the US?

Thanks,
Peter

Jun 20, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #7 of 7
The SE or special edition basically uses upgraded components such as music caps, ceramic tube bases, EH gold tubes, upgraded RCA and headphone jacks, as well as a higher price of 3,500 CNY (around $437.00 USD). The regular HP200 costs about 2,500 CNY ($312.00 USD).

If you do purchase one of these I would recommend getting a schematic for it in case you ever need to have it repaired. I have a damaged HP200 and have not been able to get any kind of support from the manufacurer (2000ok). If you do get a schematic, I would be very interested in getting a copy so I can get my amp fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterpan188
Any comments on the FEEL HP200? I saw there is a SE version of it, what's the difference? How does it compare amps being sold in the US?

Thanks,
Peter

Happy Listening!
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back