Amp for ZMF Verite, Abyss 1266, Empyrean and Audeze LCD5
Oct 24, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #16 of 28
I think it will be very hard finding one amp for those very different headphone’s. While sure many amps will run all of them well just not sure they all will sound the best. The Master 9 I really like with the AB-1266 and HD-800 but not so much the Verite open as I prefer them from my Amps and Sounds Kenzie and even like them better from my Liquid Platinum. While there might be one amp that will make them all sound great I just haven’t heard it.

Oct 30, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #18 of 28
Did you check the Trafomatic Head 2? It has selectable impedance controll. In fact I use it with planars (low impedance setting), with a ZMF (at 50 or 100 Ohms output) and is silent enough even for sensitive Grados.

I did choose specifically for it's versatility but I have to say to also sound really-really good.

Oct 31, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #19 of 28
Hello,

I am looking for an amplifier for ZMF Verite (Closed and Open), Abyss 1266 Phi TC, Meze Empyrean and I want to order Audeze LCD5. New amp must have an XLR headphone output. I am currently using Pathos Aurium. My DAC is Matrix X Sabre Pro Mqa + Matrix X Spdif 2. I listen to a lot of rap, pop, rock and electronic music. My budget is around 5000 euro. I was thinking of the Niimbus US5 Pro or the Cayin HA-300 but I'm not sure which one would be better for my headphones and DAC. Any suggestions?

Thank you and best regards,

Michal.
I would recommend a Auris Nirvana which will work well with both the VC/VO and Abyss 1266 Phi TC and the others.It drives the Susvara very well.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #21 of 28
Did you check the Trafomatic Head 2? It has selectable impedance controll. In fact I use it with planars (low impedance setting), with a ZMF (at 50 or 100 Ohms output) and is silent enough even for sensitive Grados.

I did choose specifically for it's versatility but I have to say to also sound really-really good.
I don't know this amp either :)

Thanks.

Oct 31, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #22 of 28
What about a Benchmark HPA4? I'm sure it will drive any low and high impedance headphones with no problem and you can also use your Pathos Aurium as a pre-amp with the HPA4. That's what I did. I have a Decware CSP3 tube amp which I've been using for the last 4 years mostly with a ZMF Atticus but I'm going to buy one of the low impedance planar magnetic headphones soon. The CSP3 would not drive them well, so, I ordered the HPA4. My CSP3 is connected to the HPA4 right now but if I want I can use my headphones with any of them separately or use them as a combo.

Oct 31, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #23 of 28
I was thinking about Benchmark HPA4, but is a bit too bright. I prefer Niimbus US5 Pro if I had to choose between these two amps.

I will order Niimbus and if I do not like it, I will return and order Wa33. That's my plan.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #25 of 28
I went custom and have the Abyss, LCD4 and Stellia. My builder ordered custom Sowter transformers with 4 different output impedance settings. This is well within your budget.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/110...d-headphone-amps.919425/page-55#post-16611636

IMG_7240.jpg

Oct 31, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #27 of 28
Beautiful!

I forgot one thing. I'm still curious about the new Cayin HA-300MK 2
That's a beautiful and great sounding amp as well. If I didn't know such good custom amp builders on here, I would have strongly considered that amp for myself.

Oct 31, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #28 of 28

Users who are viewing this thread

Back