Amp for wireless headphones possible?
Dec 26, 2013 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ltucker305

Head-Fier
Hi All,

At home wired headphones are fine but I was needing a wireless set because the wireless set was getting annoying on my commute. Took a while but I found the closest I feel to wired headphones in a wireless. They are the Sony MDR-10RBT. When wired they are as good as any other wired if you enjoy a little bass boost but not much.

Now the problem I have is using a headphone amp that I know requires me to wire these. Is there a headphone amp that I can connect to my smartphone then bluetooth connect to the amp to control volume. The downside of the bluetooth MDR and many others is the volume is limited. I like to kick it up.

So I need a headphone amp that I can connect wirelessly to as I would to my smartphone. I saw Vampeo but that connect to your smartphone wirelessly not headphones. Plus it is not out yet.

Sincerely,
Larry

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 4
What you are asking for is physically impossible. An amp amplifies the input power which drives your speakers. Giving them more power can make them louder or drive them better at different frequencies. 

Your wireless headphones already have an amp and DAC built into them. You can either go back to wired or try getting a different set of wireless cans that sound better.

Dec 19, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 4
So I have the Sony nwzx507 and use wireless iem and headphones that are hi-res, I bought the Walkman thinking it would sound better for hires audio on a sd card, so since u said the headphones have there own dac, I could just keep using my s10 phone rather then the Walkman And save myself $800

Users who are viewing this thread

Back