Amp for ultrasone?
Apr 2, 2008 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Valius

New Head-Fier
Hello, I would like to know do I need an amp for my setup: pc - emu 0404usb - ultrasone hfi2200ule. It would be nice to get responses from anyone who have Ultrasone 2500pro( hfi2200 is not so popular, so I guess these headphones should respond quite similar). A can spend about 200$.

P.S it would be my first amp, so I don't know what type of an amp ( tube or other) would be best for me.

Apr 2, 2008 at 9:25 AM Post #2 of 10
Well, I actually own a HFI-2200 ULE and I will receive a Meier-Audio 2Move this week.

I'll do a little review for you if you'd like. I think the HFI-2200 is a fantastic headphone and it gets too little appreciation around here. It's as good as the PRO-Lines but more musical for my tastes.

I'll keep you informed!

greetz

Apr 2, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #3 of 10
i like my cheap proline 750 and go-vibe v5 set up. it adds weight and controll at the bottom end, but it takes the edge of the highs....just when you wnat it to.

Apr 2, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #4 of 10
well I own a HFI-2200 and Govibe V5 and just an hour ago the mailman delivered my 2Move.

I can assure you, the 2Move walks all over the GoVibe!! What an amazing amp is it.

Truly amazing. Such a clean sound. Great. My Rig is finished for a while now.

I'd say the 2Move is the best bargain in the Head-fi/audiophile world.

and my complements go out to Jan for the super fast delivery and great service.

Greetz

Apr 2, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #5 of 10
is the 2move the meieir amp? i love his amps although i am not so impressed by the aria. every other amp of his i have heard has been flat out short only of miraculous for what it does to my headphones (dt880, dt770 and dj1pro ultrasone)

edit : i reread the thread and saw it says meier - sorry

Apr 2, 2008 at 1:20 PM Post #6 of 10
I think for that kind of money, you should grab a cheap tube amp.

Look for a Little dot MKII or 2++, Eddie current Lunchbox II, or maybe the musical fidelity X-can v3.

Look at the used ones here on the FS forum.

Apr 2, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #7 of 10
I'm thinking about Little Dot MK III as it gets great reviews. But the point is , will I get tangiable improvement over my emu 0404usb integrated headphone amp? Because there are some post that claim akg and sennheiser improve greatly after proper amplification, other headphones( I don't remmember which ones) actually get almoust zero effect.

Apr 2, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #8 of 10
The ultrasones are a very low impedance headphone. Basically, while you get a lot of volume using an integrated amp like the 0404, you are not getting the same quality of amplification as you would using a dedicated amp. Also, tube amps can output some serious current, which ultrasones love!

Apr 2, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricthaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well I own a HFI-2200 and Govibe V5 and just an hour ago the mailman delivered my 2Move.

I can assure you, the 2Move walks all over the GoVibe!! What an amazing amp is it.

Truly amazing. Such a clean sound. Great. My Rig is finished for a while now.

I'd say the 2Move is the best bargain in the Head-fi/audiophile world.

and my complements go out to Jan for the super fast delivery and great service.

Greetz

I use my Meier Audio Corda Move (previous version of 2Move) with Proline 750 and I would like to repeat what ricthaman is saying. This is one FANTASTIC amp + HP combination. You will not regret one bit. Resistance is futile....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back