Amp for Ultrasone PRO900 (BASS)
Sep 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

pokepim

New Head-Fier
Hi so I have Ultrasone PRO 900 and I've already used Digizoid ZO2 (but i lost it somewhere), so i've decided to get a new amp.
So what i prefer is to have extra bassy sound (as i said i had Digizoid and the bass was very nice). The bass can be comparable to digizoid but can i be better. However, I've heard that the Digizoid doesn't pair well with Ultrasone headphones. Which amp would be better (or at least at the same bass level) than the ZO2?

Sep 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 7
I also have the same headphone and am currently looking for an amp. I think I might try JDS Labs C5 since users said the bass is really nice.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/647838/jds-labs-c5-portable-amplifier-appreciation-discussion-thread-check-1st-post-for-review

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #4 of 7
  Well it is unavailable in my country and without free shipping (like Digizoid) so I doubt i will get it. 
What about any of the Fiio amps? Are they bassy? 

Heya,

All Fiio amps are fairly warm, and have bass EQ options that make things very bassy. The E11 is a good warm amp, with a solid +6 db to bass on highest setting, and fairly inexpensive.

Very best,

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #6 of 7
  What about Fiio E17? He is more expensive than Digizoid. Is it worth getting it? 

Heya,

The E17 costs more because it's a DAC. You were not using a DAC previously when you used the ZO. You don't need a DAC. Your portable player or phone or whatever you're using already does this part.

Higher cost doesn't mean it's better. You need to look at the features and components and focus on what you're looking for.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back