Amp for the HFi - 580s
Sep 1, 2011 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Desertblood

100+ Head-Fier
First of all, thank you for making me a headphone junkie... 
L3000.gif

Second, I bought these beautiful headphones a month/ month and a half ago, and I'm trying to improve my listening experience. So Im trying to buy an amp. Im seeing a lot of stuff about the E9/E7 FiiO, combo. How will those improve my cans? They have good mid-bass, but what about increasing the sub-bass? 

My wallet lost a lot of weight because of you guys, and I'm trying to keep it from going anorexic, so lets keep this amp below 140$.

Any Suggestions? 

P.S. I was really hoping I could decide and get/order the amp by sunday night.

Sep 4, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #2 of 7
Im gonna go ahead and give this a bump

I did report that post as a spam as it has nothing to do with this post, it advertises a completly different headphones, as well as that being his/her/its first post.

Sep 4, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #3 of 7
Save some money and get the M-Stage..
Very good synergy with 580 and you will have a good SS amp for future headphone upgrade..
Very transparent amp with full body sound that will boost your listening experience to another level...
Or you can get the digizoid ZO if you want something cheap and portable.

Sep 4, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #4 of 7
Heya,

I would save your money. No amp is going to drastically improve/change the sound of the 580. It doesn't need amplification. It will simply be louder for the respective volume level on the amp. You might get a tiny, tiny, tiny bit of improvement from speeding the driver, speeding decay, recovery, etc. But you're not going to put on a new pair of headphones just by changing the amp on a headphone that doesn't require amplification.

Save your money. Focus on getting absolutely lossless music. And make sure your DAC is as good as you can get, before you waste money on an amp that will do nothing for your headphones. Otherwise, start saving for your next headphone.

Very best,

Sep 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Save some money and get the M-Stage..
Very good synergy with 580 and you will have a good SS amp for future headphone upgrade..
Very transparent amp with full body sound that will boost your listening experience to another level...
Or you can get the digizoid ZO if you want something cheap and portable.

The M-Stage is way too expensive. These are 120$ headphones and getting a 270$ amp would be overkill.

And Mal, are you sure about the amps doing nothing for the 580s?
If you are what kind of headphones should I move into at the 220$ range? I like the sound coming from the 580s. It hits the highs really nicely, but I would like some more Sub-bass. Also, I use the headphones for music and occasional gaming which the 580s are good for.

And thanks in advance for the help fellas.

Sep 4, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
The M-Stage is way too expensive. These are 120$ headphones and getting a 270$ amp would be overkill.

And Mal, are you sure about the amps doing nothing for the 580s?
If you are what kind of headphones should I move into at the 220$ range? I like the sound coming from the 580s. It hits the highs really nicely, but I would like some more Sub-bass. Also, I use the headphones for music and occasional gaming which the 580s are good for.

And thanks in advance for the help fellas.

No it's not an overkill if you have the upgrade bug and after some months move to a hard to drive headphone..
M-Stage is also one of the best entry level desktop amps with higher performance than other more expensive amps..
It doesn't only amplifies the signal and make your sound louder,it is a very transparent amp and will boost your listening experience more than you can expect..
My DJ1 was transformed into a powerful beast when i plugged it into M-Stage...
If you like 580's sound signature and you want more sub bass then Pro 900 is the way to go...

Sep 5, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #7 of 7
I was looking at the pro 900s

I'll probably get those next, in a month or two.

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back