Amp for Sennheiser PC350
Dec 29, 2009 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Boxman

New Head-Fier
Ok, so this has been bothering me for a while now. On christmas, I got a nifty Sennheiser PC 350 gaming headset - 150 ohm impedance. Reviews were good, I thought it would sound awesome - WRONG. It sounded awful, like chinese 5$ earbuds, when it's attatched to my PC. It seems to sound way better on a CD player and the headphone exit on that.

So I looked around, and now i heard some people saying that a nice amplifier might do the trick. A headphone amp that is. In my country (Netherlands near Eindhoven) it's almost impossible to go and buy one. I still haven't found a proper shop for it.

Would an amplifier really work, and if so what one should i buy? I've been looking for the Musical Fidelity X-can V2 for 140 euro. Is that good value? The seller says it's been only rarely used.

Dec 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 4
Let the PC350 headset Burn in first, i'v heard it uses same driver as the HD595's which are a decent pair of phones. Iv had both Headphones but with my souncard they both sound amazing. What sound card are you using ? take a look at this
ASUS ESSENCE STX sound card

Dec 30, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 4
I'm using the Creative X-Fi Elite Pro.. Thought that'd be a proper card, but I'm more and more regretting that choice. Anyway, I will let them burn in, but I honestly don't believe it will provide that big a difference. Now, they sound like cheap 5$ chinese copycat crap, while they sound way better on a CD player + normal amp with headphone out.

I'll take a look at the soundcard, but i'd rather solve it with a nice amplifier if that would do the trick too. That way i'd possibly even be able to hook an iPod or other low-power devices on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back