Amp for Sennheiser HD600. Prefer to stay with something headroom sells. Suggestions?
Jul 15, 2003 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

jaybar

100+ Head-Fier
For ease and convenience, I am looking for something sold by Headroom (not necessarily a headrrom amp) that will work well with HD600's and has a loop out. How is the Headroom Home? Is the Maxed Out Home that much better?

Thanks,

Jay

Jul 15, 2003 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 19
The Maxed Out Home is supposed to go extremely well with the HD600's, according to people who have it.

Jul 15, 2003 at 8:46 PM Post #5 of 19
Just out of curiosity, how does the Gilmore pair with HD600 (if anyone is willing to increase their post count and excuse my laziness)? I mainly hear about it being used with rigs that have low impedence cans like the Grados or CD3000.

Jul 15, 2003 at 11:47 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by MERTON
why not just get headrooms most expensive amp? and i think they have hd600 packages... just get the best amp they offer.

Hmm maybe because their most expensive amp is nearly $4000?

rolleyes.gif

Jul 15, 2003 at 11:58 PM Post #9 of 19
andrzejpw, I used a MOHR/stepped attenuators with the CD-3000 and the sound was very nice. I just couldn't seem to get the volume with the stepps and the gain right where I wanted it all the time. As far as the sound though it was very nice. The amp was killer with my HD600/cardas.
jaybar, The MOHR with the HD600 will give you tons of super clean detail with very good and clean and low bass.

Jul 16, 2003 at 1:24 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Born2bwire
Just out of curiosity, how does the Gilmore pair with HD600 (if anyone is willing to increase their post count and excuse my laziness)?

Sure. My high-end DIY Gilmore rocks hard with the Senn HD600. Deep, tight bass, wonderful detail, everything. Of course, I have $600 in parts in it.

Jul 16, 2003 at 7:16 AM Post #12 of 19
Why are you so set on purchasing through Headroom? I would suggest a Meier Audio amp. My HA-1 is great, and would imagine the HA-2 or Pre-Head would be serious contenders to the Headroom products. I purchased my amp used, but a friend ordered a pair of cans through them and they were great.

Jul 16, 2003 at 3:47 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
Born2bwire, what do you think about the cd3k/moh combo? Pretty much everyone (including me) who heard the two at the WOH tour hated it.

Actually, I haven't had the chance to hear the CD3K as of yet
frown.gif

Jul 16, 2003 at 4:20 PM Post #14 of 19
I think all of the headroom amp offerings would go well with the 600.

They used it as their reference phone when designing the things.

The blockhead is just killer. (but extreme.
wink.gif
)
The MOH would be the best balanced amp with a proper source.
If you have a mid level system then the little would do.
(if you don't really need a line out)

Jul 16, 2003 at 5:51 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by bootman
I think all of the headroom amp offerings would go well with the 600.

I have the Supreme, and unfortunately, for the $450 price tag, it's just not all that good.
frown.gif

Damn! I should have just sold my car and bought the Blockhead!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back