Amp for qualia and grados
Apr 18, 2006 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

drlee27

100+ Head-Fier
I hope to hear some opinions regarding the choice of an amplifier to drive my qualia 010 and ps-1. I am thinking of getting one of the Rudistor amps (RP010, RPX33, RP5.1, etc) or the larocco headcode. Are there better choices? Can the RP010, an amp designed especially for the qualia, complement the ps-1 and other cans such as the HD650 or akg k1000? Please advise. BTW, I mainly use the qualia for my music listening, followed by the ps-1.

Apr 18, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 7
I don't know if you can find an amp that's good with both. I find they're pretty different.

What's your source & preferences anyway?

Best,

-Jason

Apr 18, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
I don't know if you can find an amp that's good with both. I find they're pretty different.

Best,

-Jason

Different? Thin sounding and terrible build quality? Sound like the same
very_evil_smiley.gif
rs1smile.gif

Apr 18, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha

Best,

-Jason

My source:

1. Linn classik CDP
2. Squeezebox 3 (may add a dac later such as the lavry or the Zhaolu)

My music preferences:
70% pop and rock, 30% classical; I prefer emphasis on vocals and sweet midrange. Once in awhile I need a dose of bass via my ps-1.

Apr 18, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by drlee27
I hope to hear some opinions regarding the choice of an amplifier to drive my qualia 010 and ps-1. I am thinking of getting one of the Rudistor amps (RP010, RPX33, RP5.1, etc) or the larocco headcode. Are there better choices? Can the RP010, an amp designed especially for the qualia, complement the ps-1 and other cans such as the HD650 or akg k1000? Please advise. BTW, I mainly use the qualia for my music listening, followed by the ps-1.

Well, based on my personal (somewhat limited) experience I personally recommend the Gilmore Lite. It is a beautiful synergy with my SR-325i and smooths the mids nicely, with very good imaging. I've only heard a handful of amps though, and none of those you listed..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back