Amp for Polk Monitor70 II
Dec 19, 2014 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

catchedge

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I just bought a pair of Polk Monitor70 II and my current amp that was running a pair of Realistic Mach2 is clearly under powering the speakers.  The volume and quality is very noticeable when there is bass in the music vs just treble.  They say they're 275w speakers, and honestly I'm naive to speaker receivers/amplifiers.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 7
Your budget?

What are you using this setup for? Music? Movies? Gaming?

What is the rating of your Realistic amp?

What other (source) equipment do you want to plug up to it? Do you have hopes to expand it into a multichannel setup?

Tell us much more regarding your setup and needs :)

If the bass being anemic is your main concern, then you might want to invest in a good subwoofer.

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #3 of 7
Budget - Less than 500

Setup - Generic living room setup.  Probably like... 40% music, 40% movies, 20% games.

Rating - 100w per channel at 8 ohms I believe (speakers at 8 ohms)

Source - I'm actually looking at having it fed by a DAC at the moment, but would be open to an all in one solution.  I don't have that many sources.  Also, as far as multi-channel, it's something that I've really never been into.  I've consistently had my system in a 2.0 or 2.1 setup.  It'd be nice to have the option but it's not required.

I've been considering actually running the Schiit Modi 2 Uber and Schiit SYS Preamp into my current receiver.  I have a lot of headphone experience, so maybe that's why I go towards the headphones amp/dac rather than just a beastly receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back