Amp For Micca Mb42x?
Jul 12, 2014 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Macmuffin

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone has and recommendations for an amp that will be used with the Micca Mb42x? I would like to spend under $100. I have had a Lepai in the past and would really like to get something a little better. I will be using this as a desktop set up so something smaller would be better, although if it was really good i could probably find room for a larger amp.

Thanks!

Jul 13, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #3 of 6
Topping makes good equipment in terms of price/performance.

SMSL's stuff may be cheaper than Topping, but they have a reputation for poor build quality/reliability.

Before buying Audiosource, I'd get a used Onkyo, Denon, Pioneer, or Yamaha audio/video receiver or stereo receiver off Craigslist.

For digital amps, also look at Indeed.

Jul 13, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 6
Topping makes good equipment in terms of price/performance.

SMSL's stuff may be cheaper than Topping, but they have a reputation for poor build quality/reliability.

Before buying Audiosource, I'd get a used Onkyo, Denon, Pioneer, or Yamaha audio/video receiver or stereo receiver off Craigslist.

For digital amps, also look at Indeed.

Yeah, i think the SMSL and Audiosorce is out for now.

I think i might end up getting the Topping Tp22. It is a bit more expensive than the Tp20, but it looks very nice. The other one in the same price range is the Dayton Audio DTA-120. 

Thanks 

Jul 13, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #5 of 6
For the price of the TP22, also look at this Indeed with more power: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2014-Indeed-Class-D-TDA7498E-160WX2-Stereo-Amplifier-Silver-36V5A-adapter-/291074063041 (there is a black model as well). Peter Cheung makes nice stuff :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back