Amp for Meizu M6 SL + SCL4
Jan 6, 2009 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SoulSlayer

New Head-Fier
Hello,I just purchased the SCL4 and I'm looking to buy an amp for them with a budget of 50$.(I am considering the E5)
I would like to know if there's even a point in amping the SCL4
right now I'm currently using a meizu m6 sl and i'm planning on buying an ipod touch 2g which should have degraded sq than the meizu.
I would like to know how much of a difference an amp would make with a meizu m6 sl + scl4 or an ipod touch 2g +scl4,thank you.

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 5
you should take a look at the caffeine amp or similar tins. would be a fair piece for you and your budget. or you should get one of the fiio amps, maybe the new e5, but i don´t know anything about it.

for me, amplifying my meizu m3 with my shure e2cs was quite a step in SQ, i was stunned, even if these were not THE phones for audiophiles and the use of an amp was not obligatory. but though, i use the shure e2cs and improvments were just heavy. i own the caffein amp, perfect beginner amp in my opinion.

i don´t know your headphones or if they sound MUCH better with an amp (but they will sound better), but i (as a newbie) guess, your low resistant shures would benefit a a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back