Amp for LCD-2 Fazor, DT880 600 Ohms and more
May 24, 2018 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

eruditass

Previously known as DoomzDayz
EDIT: noticed the help/reccomendations forum and posting there

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/amp-for-lcd-2-fazor-dt880-600-ohms-and-more.880484/

Headphones: LCD-2 Fazor, DT880 600 Ohms, AKG Q701, HD6XX (soon)
Source: EMU 0404
Music preferences: all over the place. metal, singer-songwriter, pop, classical, jazz, electronic

Budget: ~$500, but am pretty flexible (though I don't mind saving money either)

I'm looking for an amp that can power these different beasts

I tend to prefer the analytical sound but am interested in finally exploring the HD650 type sounds. I've been wary of pairing a SS amp with my analytical cans in the past, but every LCD-2 amp thread I find talks about SS amps. I'm not sure if that's because they mostly talk about pre-fazor classics though.

Also, occasionally I like to have non-critical listening with another and add a headphone splitter. Though the fidelity isn't too important for this.

SS amps I've been looking at: Burson Soloist SL MK2, Audio GD NFB-11.28, R2R 11, and Schiit Asgard 2. Researching that interesting led me to the cheaper Schiit Magni 3, as it apparently has higher power & lower distortion, and lower heat as a Class AB, but perhaps slightly brighter. But it's so inexpensive I could buy another headphone...

I've been happy with my hybrid amp: SOHA 2, but it's been giving me issues. Thus, I'm also looking the Cavalli CTH on Massdrop: anyone know how it compares?

Any other amps I should be looking at?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back