Amp for Klipsch Image ones
Feb 20, 2012 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

aaronius

New Head-Fier
Okay, I just acquired a barely used pair of klipsch image ones ($50) and they sound great.  However, I am wondering if I could still get more out of them with a decent portable. Amp.  I have been looking at amps/DAC's like Total Bithead, Nuforce UDAC-2, and Fiio E7. Would any of these help give these cans any improvement?  My music collection are in AAC format at 320 kbps.  I really tried to find some other threads posted about this on the forum but no one seems to talk about amps for these headphones, which kinda makes me wonder if anyone even uses a portable amp for them.  Appreciate the feedback.  

Feb 20, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #2 of 3
They have low impedence and have a really way too bass heavy, commercial public sound.  IMO, not terrible cans, but not worth amping.  I have them (I got them cheap, couldn't resist), and the sound straight out of my iPod is only the slightest bit worse than out of my Bithead or my Fiio amp or my receiver (which I find powers most cans really well).  If you have some extra cash laying around for an amp, I personally would recommend selling the Image One's and saving for something better (If you can, the Sennheiser hd25 ii or the V-Moda M-80).  You can always add an amp in the future if you want.  

But if you are, for whatever reason, in love with the unreasonably bassy Image One's, I would say just save your money regarding an amp.  The difference it would make for these cans is next to zero.  They're tailored for mainstream consumers, who really don't use amps.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back