amp for ipod Touch to AKG k271 mk2?
Apr 11, 2010 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sibling Chris

New Head-Fier
hi

been reading up on the fiio E7 which looks like a nice piece of kit

whilst I am eagerly awaiting this and to see more reviews I wondered what might be a good interim measure for my new AKG K271 mk2 headphones with my first gen iPod Touch?

whilst the AKGs can be used without amp I have to whack up the volume pretty high on the ipod Touch and to my ears the ipod is not giving consistent sound quality as you I that...I also find the ipod touch EQ a bit naff tbh

I also have a pair of Atrio M5 IEMs which don't need any further amplification from the ipod but I daresay would benefit from a little

whilst the other fiio models E1/E3/E5 seem pretty cheap I've read mixed things about them. some people saying they do exactly what they are intended for and are decent enought if you just what volume increase and others saying they are just trash...is it worth me picking one of these up do you think or looking for somrthing completely different?

thanks in advance for advice

Apr 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 8
Sorry, I know this sort of thIng is probably a common question, but I'm si ki g in a sea of search engine results! I'm a total noob when it comes to headphone amps, and I've never used one before now, so any opinions and advice are greatly appreciated

cheers
c

Apr 13, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #3 of 8
I had an e5 and it wasnt enough to drive my 271s. As living in europe we have our volumes limited too!
I would say go for a ibasso t3 if its size that matters. I heard great things about the unit.
Meant to be a great little amp. If your happy to carry a bigger amp around then sklab has a great review on 37 amps. have a look there..
hope this helps

Apr 13, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #4 of 8
Same here. I'm using the FiiO E5 but it's not enough, but it's better than nothing. I ordered a few amps to try out with it. If you have the money, the amp I was most interested in was:

RSA P51 Mustang
ibasso (P3, D4, and D10)
Little Dot 1+

But I'm amazed you didn't see it anywhere here. There's a bunch of amp suggestions/pairings with K271 threads all over.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/p...please-336553/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/p...g-k271-481265/

And I second the bit about reading Skylab's 37 round up. Since it's going to be subjective, you need to try it out yourself (in the process myself).

Apr 13, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #5 of 8
thank you both
I had actaully seen those other threads

although still interested in the E7 I had come to the conclusion an ibasso T3 or T3D would be a good shout

However, my query really was for something cheap and cheerful in the interim till I get get my hands on an E7. Sounds like the cheap fiios might not even be worth bopthering with at all though from what you have both said.

cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #6 of 8
I would say if your buying one then buy a good one..
(You wont regret a good amp
smily_headphones1.gif
)

You might try to build a cmoy if you want. its very easy and will not cost alot.
I saw some prebuilt ones on ebay..

Sometime you might get someone selling a nice amp on the forum too.

Apr 14, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #7 of 8
Headstage Arrow HE. Warm and full, with optional bass boost. Perfect shape to complement the iPod. More expensive than E7 or T3, but you won't want to look for anything better, at least for the K271.

Apr 15, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by zappp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headstage Arrow HE. Warm and full, with optional bass boost. Perfect shape to complement the iPod. More expensive than E7 or T3, but you won't want to look for anything better, at least for the K271.

Now I'm curious about getting one of these
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back