Amp for Hifiman Edition XS
Feb 20, 2023 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

loonacy

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I just purchased the Edition XS and was looking for amp suggestions. I have a Woo Audio WA6 and have tried it with this amp. Although it doesn't sound bad at all I know it can sound better. I also have a Schiit Asgard (1 an early model) and I felt like it sounded better with this amp. I have had these amps for years now and thought about trying something new. Any suggestions. I know the Edition XS does not really pair well with tube amps but its what I had at my desk. The asgard is my bedroom rig with my Denon Ah-d5000. Any help would be great:)

Feb 21, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 4
Hello,

I just purchased the Edition XS and was looking for amp suggestions. I have a Woo Audio WA6 and have tried it with this amp. Although it doesn't sound bad at all I know it can sound better. I also have a Schiit Asgard (1 an early model) and I felt like it sounded better with this amp. I have had these amps for years now and thought about trying something new. Any suggestions. I know the Edition XS does not really pair well with tube amps but its what I had at my desk. The asgard is my bedroom rig with my Denon Ah-d5000. Any help would be great:)
It's 18 ohms. A hybrid might do it, but for a full tube to do this would cost some bucks.

The WA6 pairs nicely with the Senn HD-600 and 800, if you looking to utilize that amp.

The XS wants all the SS power you can muster. A Jot or a Lyr, or a used Ragnarok (drives most speakers too) would make it sing better, but the Asgard shouldn't be bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back