Amp for HD660S
Dec 7, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #16 of 18
Thanks. Our priorities line up pretty well and the LP looked like a great match at $400. Now that it is back up to $800, I will either wait or go with something else which is probably good as $400 would be pretty hard to swallow with the $320 I just spent for the 660s.

It looks like the Asgard 3 maybe a better 1st amp for me as it is only $200 and looks like it is a great solid state amp/deal.

It would have been a lot simpler if I just got the HD 6xx and Darkvoice 336 like my original plan.😂

I have never heard anything but great stuff about the Asgard 3. And the price is more than right.

I just checked the Monoprice site and they have an open box LP for $419.00, if you are in US/Canada. I believe they still have the full warranty.

Dec 15, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #17 of 18
Finally pulled trigger and got an Asgard 3 (no dac card). For $230 shipped to my house, American made with a 5 year warranty, I had to give it a shot.

I will just feed from my LG V40's Dac till I figure out what to do about a DAC.

Will report my experiences of the Asgard 3 with the HD 660S here after the New Year.

Oct 15, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #18 of 18
ehy guys can you help me out?
I am about to pull the trigger on hd660s for desktop use but I want to run it balanced (maybe without buying new cables, but if necessary for deal it is fine) but only have an audient id4 audio interface.

I am in europe and would lie to spend less than 400€.

What should I buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back