AMP for HD660S?
Oct 4, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #16 of 17
what I’m looking for is more power, I have the aune x1s and the dac on it is very good but since my main listening is classical music and I like to listen in high volumes the aune dosnt have enough power for me and i keep the volume always at max and still need more volume that’s why I’m interested in the darkvoice and I feel tubes will go better with classical music

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #17 of 17
Im looking to get an amp for my HD660 S', does anyone have any suggestions?
Budget would be around maybe.. 500 to 600 aud
There are a lot of discussions over which amp dac combination sounds best with A particular headphone. If you can audition the amp you want or amp dac within your budget then let your own ears be the judge but it’s a good idea listen to advice from the other people that have the HD660s with a particular amp/dac setup within your budget. Though in the end everyone’s hearing is different, I have a pair of HD660s which I auditioned for only about 10 hours against the hd600 & chose the HD660s (though it was close) I’m currently using a SMSL Sap II pro headphone amp which in my opinion is a great budget amp & I'm looking at purchasing a SMSL M100 DAC or a Topping D30 DAC to partner it. As your budget it much higher you clearly have more options available including Cambridge audio dacmagic plus which has very good reviews for £300, Schiit do a really great range as well, also The Chord mojo seems to excite a lot of people, so happy amp dac hunting as I’m sure you’ll find the right combination for your ears ( Im not suggesting that your ears are kept locked away in a safe though lol)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back