AMP for HD 800S? can the new Fiio M11 drive them? or...my old dap is an IPOD CLASSIC
Oct 19, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #18 of 19
Really. Wow. Ok so at what volume is it too loud for you? 75%? I ask because I am actually looking at the M15 but can’t demo one so before I buy I wanna be sure. I have a bunch of headsets but no portable player. The M15 is at the top of my budget to be honest but if it’s worth it I’m sold.

M15 has a 0 to 120 volume scale. Right now I just listened to jazz, Erik Truffaz the volume set at 40 in a silent room and it was quite good. Of course, it's not an intensive listening experience. Now I switched to one of my reference songs, Ghosts of War from Slayer and it feels quite sufficient. The volume is set at 55/120 is really good and I would not listen any louder than 60 (halfway) for two reasons.

1. I have tinnitus. I used to listen to very loud metal yet my ear damage was caused more by my children who can scream in excess of 125db.
2. The music quality is very good so audio satisfaction takes place without needing to turn up vol all the way.

If you have the chance it is always good to listen before you buy unless you are offered the option to return by the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back