Amp for HD 800 and planar headphones
Dec 28, 2017 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Dackzy

Head-Fier
Hi, my current setup is a set of HE 560, K612 and HD 800, I have a 12AT7 tube DAC with dual PCM 63k and right now I am just loaning amps until I find one I want.

I would like to spend less than 400€, but I can up the budget to 470€ if the amp is worth it.
I live in Denmark, so it needs to be within EU or else I need to pay 25% VAT and handling fees.

I would like a solid state amp that has a clean sound without much coloring, if any. I have no real interest in combo units with both a DAC and amp, I also don't have any interest in a tube amp.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #3 of 13
JDS Labs EL Amp would be excellent for your needs :)

Dec 29, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #5 of 13
That is both a DAC and amp, furthermore it doesn't seem to be available in Europe.

It is also not available in Europe, stores only have the element, which is a combo and not a very good one. But thanks for the suggestion.

The element is a superb combo, I don't know where you saw its not very good. Listen to things yourself to decide if they are any good.

Get a Schiit Magni 3, cheap and cheerful. Or the Asgard 2. Both available in the EU.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #6 of 13
Agree with the above statement the Element is a fine combo.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #7 of 13
The element is a superb combo, I don't know where you saw its not very good. Listen to things yourself to decide if they are any good.

Get a Schiit Magni 3, cheap and cheerful. Or the Asgard 2. Both available in the EU.
I have heard the element, I would never dream about buying it. Plus I don't need a DAC. I have also heard the magni 3 and Asgard 2 and I am looking for something better and less colored, the Asgard 2 is pretty warm and the magni 3 sounds compressed.

Dec 29, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #8 of 13
Hi, my current setup is a set of HE 560, K612 and HD 800, I have a 12AT7 tube DAC with dual PCM 63k and right now I am just loaning amps until I find one I want.

I would like to spend less than 400€, but I can up the budget to 470€ if the amp is worth it.
I live in Denmark, so it needs to be within EU or else I need to pay 25% VAT and handling fees.

I would like a solid state amp that has a clean sound without much coloring, if any. I have no real interest in combo units with both a DAC and amp, I also don't have any interest in a tube amp.

Meier Jazz FF

Dec 29, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #12 of 13
Have you come across any reviews or impressions of the Heritage amp? I haven't seen any yet...

I saw a couple but not a thorough review I would say

I did listen to the amp paired with hp3 and they sound like they were made to be paired together. Not sure how the amp performs with other headphones.

Dec 29, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #13 of 13
Heard the Monotor at CanJam SoCal this year it is a very good amp. They had the HD-650's hooked up to it and unknown source(didn't ask) it did them very well indead. Thanks for reminding of this amp .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back