amp for hd 650
Feb 6, 2011 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

netmate

New Head-Fier
[size=medium]I bought hd 650. It's still in the mail, so I've got some time to look for the right amp for it. I'm new to this. It seams like there are millions of choices & it's next to impassible to test any of amps before you buy it. Add to that some of them are made over seas, so it would take a lot of time to return an amp if I didn't like it. I don't want to spend a fortune on it, but I understand that most of the time you get what you pay for. I mostly listen to instrumental, classical, 60th 70th pop, some rock, jazz  I looked into Corda Concerto, Burson, Nuforce. I've got about 900 Cd's so I could probably connect my amp to cd player without a dac. I only intend to use this amp for hd 650. Does anyone own an amp with hd 650 that they are happy with?[/size]

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #7 of 8
I have La Figaro 339 with my recently acquired HD650 and the fit is perfect. I'm in heaven!

May 1, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #8 of 8
My latest realization... Emotiva XDA-1 DAC with XLR balanced terminated HD650s.  For $250 shipped you get a great differential DAC with multiple ins (toslink/coax/usb/AES) and RCA and XLR outs.  I've built a couple buffalos, a three and four channel beta22, along with a few other things and this simple, relatively cheap combo doesn't give up much if anything to those.  You do need to have XLR terminated cable, but that's a pretty easy thing to either do or buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back