Amp for HD 650 options..
Dec 12, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
I can't recommend the Little Dot MKVI+ highly enough. I love it with my HD600. Others have used their HD650 on it and found it great also.

Balanced and unbalanced with tubes for about $700 USD. This amp is of the level that it could be your final amp. I am reasonably sure it will be mine.

LD service is excellent also. All of my numerous emails to David have been answered within 12 hours. I had the power switch on my LD MKVI go out a couple months ago and David had a new part on the way asap free of charge (no shipping either).

here is their official website: www.little-tube.com

which one is better??? Darkvoice 3322 or Little Dot MKVI+?????   Corda??? B22????
I am new at hi end audio, but i was very enthusiastic to hear my music with some really nice headphones so i bought the hd 650 (i used to have a bose quiet comfort)  but i would like  to get the full potential of these cans, I've been reading this forum for months and I decided to buy a tube amp, and I would like to make some questions, apart from the tube amp do i  need to buy extra tubes, do i really need to buy a DAC???  I'm very confused every time i search more info i get more confused, so please people from this forum help me i really want to listen my music with a good gear, my budget for amp, dac, extra tubes is up to $700.
Right now i just have The hd 650 and my loyal ipod classic 5th gen, thats all.
Sincerely, Jonathan G. M.

Dec 13, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #17 of 20
I'm very happy with the Nuforce Icon HDP (headphone amp, DAC, preamp) with my HD650's.  A really great match, as well as a really great value, imo. 

Btw, I felt that the overall SQ really improved very dramatically after both components were well burned in.  I mean it started out quite good but seems truly fantastic now after about 2 months of heavy use.

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #18 of 20

Quote:
which one is better??? Darkvoice 3322 or Little Dot MKVI+?????   Corda??? B22????
I am new at hi end audio, but i was very enthusiastic to hear my music with some really nice headphones so i bought the hd 650 (i used to have a bose quiet comfort)  but i would like  to get the full potential of these cans, I've been reading this forum for months and I decided to buy a tube amp, and I would like to make some questions, apart from the tube amp do i  need to buy extra tubes, do i really need to buy a DAC???  I'm very confused every time i search more info i get more confused, so please people from this forum help me i really want to listen my music with a good gear, my budget for amp, dac, extra tubes is up to $700.
Right now i just have The hd 650 and my loyal ipod classic 5th gen, thats all.
Sincerely, Jonathan G. M.

Hey Jonathan,
You can take a look at the HA-160 (which is on your budget range) is a good amp for the 650's. If you're looking for a DAC/AMP combo, the 160D is another choice. (A bit over budget, but its worth having it) 

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #20 of 20
The amp I use the the Lafigaro 339 and I don't regret a single penny I used on that amp! It's magnificient and pair perfectly with HD650. You should check it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back