Amp for HD-595
Sep 22, 2005 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MoAv

100+ Head-Fier
Any recommendation about amp'ing my new HD595 ? up to 200$ , and should be mainly for portability with my H-120 .
Thanx .
MoAV

Sep 22, 2005 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 10
I can't say the Portaphile V2 is the best amp for your purposes because I haven't tried all the amps out there. But I can say that the Portaphile/HD595 combination sounds extremely good to my ears when used with either my iPod Mini or my Adcom CD player at home. Here are links to two of my posts on this subject:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...53#post1603253
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...70#post1591370

You can find numerous examples of other people's opinions on amping the HD595 by using the search feature and specifying this formum (Amplification) and searching for "HD595".

Sep 22, 2005 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 10
Xenos 3HA ? I'm waiting for mine to arrive hopefully soon...

Sep 25, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 10
Damn There're too many choices nowadays .
Can only go by looks so far cause there's hardly any headphones shops in Israel , let alone headphone amps ...
Let me see , I need it to be as small as can be ( not tin though
rolleyes.gif
) to fit with my H120 . Be rechargable would be nice , and mabey bypass so that you can hear the sound even if the amp is off and pluged . But sound quality is no.1 on my list (like everyone I guess buying an amp)

Sep 25, 2005 at 9:37 PM Post #7 of 10
If someone took a Simpl A1, ripped out the innards, except for the power subsystem, and put something that could actually be described as a 'headphone amplifier', that would be great!

I had one, and thought about doing that, but just sold it instead. Some sucker paid $100 for it.

Sep 25, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #8 of 10
What's an A1 ?
If I only know something about electronix I would try and give it a go , and lets not forget that I live in a country that don't market the op amps in every radio shacks that we have over here (some understatement...)
Rather pay extra 50 bucks then to spend my time finding parts .
So building one is out of the question ...
Xenos 3HA looks cool and have a very nice specs and feature list , but if it was only smaller , this thing is twice my iRIVER !
I might grab one later for home use .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back